JOIN OUR TEAM
Contract Administrator II
BCI Construction, Inc. is seeking an experienced Contract Administrator to join our growing Team. BCI specializes in Commercial, Medical, and Institutional Construction.
Role Responsibilities Include:
- Overall responsibility for the establishment, administration and maintenance of all of all job-related subcontracts, subcontract billings, along with all related subcontract administration documentation.
- Engage with company staff to ensure that subcontracts and all associated documents are completed on a timely basis.
- Review all contract exceptions and ensure that they are properly approved by Administrative Services Manager and or PM. Assist PM in negotiating changes as required.
- Capturing appropriate documents in a timely manner as well as ensuring that all contract information is appropriately entered in to the company’s information system.
- Corresponds with subcontractors as necessary regarding subcontract information. Interprets subcontract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by subcontractors.
- Make decisions and take actions required to satisfy the responsibilities of this position.
- Implement and maintain company policies and procedures for his/her area.
- Other authorities may be assigned to the position of Contract Administrator by the Administrative Services Manager from time to time to allow completion of special tasks.
- Perform routine invoicing preparation and review tasks to ensure that invoicing is done on a timely basis and complies with contract terms.
- Ensure that all liens and lien waivers are properly received on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that all insurance certificates are accurately prepared, received on a timely basis, and are properly replaced when expired.
- Prepare all project closeout documentation upon completion of each project.
Role Requirements Include:
- The following physical and mental characteristics shall be considered necessary to perform the duties of Contract Administrator.
- Education Required: Minimum 3-year degree in office or contract administration or equivalent.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of construction contract administration experience or equivalent.
- The ability to communicate with employees and other staff in English sufficiently to understand and easily be understood. Must have the ability to understand legal concepts used in construction industry documents.
- The ability to foresee events and anticipate changes in conditions and operations and react to those appropriately.
- The ability to sit for extended periods.
- The ability to operate a computer terminal and to use a telephone and other standard office equipment.
- The ability to interact with customers, vendors and visitors in a way to promote the goodwill and the image of the company.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
Compensation & Benefits:
Full-time employees will earn a competitive wage and benefits package. BCI offers employer sponsored health insurance, 401(k) match up to 4%, PTO, and paid holidays after an introductory period. Additional supplemental insurance plans are also available such as dental, life, vision, accident, and more.